Sendible's Instagram posting service allows you to schedule Instagram posts in advance and add Instagram images or video to a queue to be posted at an optimal time. It also lets you send posts to Instagram at the same time that you update Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and your other social network accounts - saving you the hassle of needing to update Instagram separately.
Instead of your scheduled posts being published directly to Instagram, you'll receive a push notification on your mobile device with the picture or video, caption and hashtags attached at the scheduled time. This makes it easier for you or the members of your team to update the Instagram account directly from your phone at the right time.
We are also official Instagram Partners, meaning that if Instagram does open its API that would help us improve our solutions for community management and analytics, we will implement the changes rather quickly.
How to schedule Instagram posts
This feature is available on all of our plans and takes a few minutes to set up. Here's how:
- Sign into your Sendible account and head over to Services+.
- Here you'll see the list of our most popular services. Find Instagram and click Add.
- In the dialog, you'll see the Instagram Post option. Click Setup.
- You'll be prompted to connect to your Instagram account. Follow the steps.
- After connecting, you'll be able to specify one or more email recipients who will receive push notifications and email notifications when your posts need to be published.
- Click Save Settings and the service will now appear in your Sendible account.
- To post to Instagram, click Compose and select your Instagram Post service from the list. Choose a date and time when the post should be published.
- At the scheduled time, the recipient(s) you specified will receive a push notification on their smartphone or tablet. Then, they are only four taps away from publishing the scheduled photo or video on Instagram. See our video below for more details.
Efficient workflows for larger teams
The way we see businesses using this feature is through the following workflow.
- The marketing manager assigns the role of managing the Instagram account to an intern or marketing assistant.
- The marketing manager will then configure her Sendible account to have an email sent to the appropriate team member when an Instagram post is due to be published.
- The intern or marketing assistant receives an email on his/her phone announcing that the attached picture must be uploaded to the specific Instagram account. It's her responsibility to publish it.
We'd love to hear what you think of this feature. At Sendible, we're constantly striving to make our users' lives easier so, if you've any ideas for enhancements/improvements to the Sendible dashboard, please leave them in the comments. We read each and every one of them!