Once again, we found ourselves saying, "Another one, thank you," when Instagram launched its latest app, Threads. It seems like every day, there's a new social media app trying to change how marketers work and how users engage with content.
Since its July launch, we can sense that Threads provides an engaging environment for conversations and connecting.
However, for social media marketers, it also presented some difficulties when it comes to effectively managing and posting Thread content.
In this article, we will dig into everything marketers should know about Instagram Threads and how to manage them successfully by answering a few questions:
- What is Instagram Threads
- What type of content should you post on Instagram Threads
- Does your business or brand need an Instagram Threads account
- How to Schedule Instagram Threads
- What are Instagram Thread reminders
- Benefits of using reminder profiles
What is Instagram Threads?
The Instagram threads app launched earlier this year as an extension of the Instagram app. It’s become a dedicated space for Instagram users to foster deeper connections and interactions with close friends and those they follow on the photo-sharing app. Essentially it’s a new way to share opinions and have conversations but with people on Instagram instead of the look-alike app Twitter, oops, we mean, X.
That’s why it’s no surprise that threads reached 100 million members in record time. People were eager to download threads and fill the hole of a text-based platform not crowded by ads or unwanted content.
What type of content should you post on Instagram Threads
Instagram Threads is still pretty new, and many marketers felt a bit lost in this uncharted app. Do we reinvent our brand voice? Craft a new strategy? Or just sit back and see what sticks? It's not like digital marketers have so much on their plates already, right?
So, after some deep dives into Threads and watching what brands, users, and businesses are up to, we've got a list of content ideas for you.
Note, though, the type content you choose should match your brand, industry, and target audience, but here are some typical types of stuff you'll find users sharing on Threads:
1. Threadifying old tweets: a creative content strategy that involves repurposing and sharing previously successful tweets (X's) on Threads. This approach utilises your well-performing Twitter content and adapts it to Threads' intimate and visual format.
2. Jump into the latest trends, threads style: this involves adapting popular trends from other social media platforms, like TikTok, and presenting them in a text-friendly and Thread-like manner on Instagram Threads. This approach can be highly effective in keeping your Threads content fresh, engaging, and aligned with broader social media trends.
3. Connect with your followers: a powerful strategy for cultivating a fun and engaged community on the platform. Encouraging participation and fostering meaningful conversations can boost a sense of belonging among followers.
4. Share opinions: sometimes, taking a stance on social topics is a bold approach but one that can foster engaging discussions and connections within your Threads community. By making your perspectives clear, you not only express your authentic self but also encourage your followers to do the same.
Threads is all about connecting and creating those digital bonds that resonate with your audience, making them feel valued, heard, and genuinely part of your online world. When creating content on there, remember to find ways to get your audience actively involved with your brand.
Does your business or brand need an Instagram Threads account?
Instagram Threads offers a unique and personal approach to social media interactions, focusing on close connections and immediate communication. While this can be a valuable platform for users, not all brands and businesses necessarily need to be on Threads.
Here are some considerations to help determine if your business and Threads are a match:
Target Audience: First, consider your target audience on your existing Instagram account and their presence on social media. If your business relies on public-facing marketing strategies, like promotions and offers, the traditional Instagram platform may be more suitable. Threads is designed for public conversations, making it better for brands with niche or highly engaged audiences.
Typical content: Think about the type of content your brand typically shares with your Instagram followers. If your content is highly visual and tailored for storytelling, sharing behind-the-scenes videos, or creating community, Threads can be a valuable addition to your social media strategy. However, if your content is more promotional and aimed at a wide audience, it may be better suited for the main Instagram app.
Time, time, time: Managing multiple social media platforms can be time-consuming. Evaluate whether your business or your social media manager has the resources to create and maintain (new) content specifically for Threads. It's essential to ensure that your content is consistent, engaging, and aligned with the Instagram threads app's focus on close connections.
Try and error: As a relatively new platform, Instagram Threads’ potential impact on businesses is still unfolding. If your business is open to experimentation and adapting to evolving trends, being an early adopter of Threads can be advantageous. However, it may not be the right choice for businesses that prefer established and proven marketing channels.
How to Schedule Instagram Threads
When this new social media channel dropped, there was one burning question on every Threads user’s mind: Can Sendible schedule content for Threads?
Well, here it is, the simple answer is - no.
No third-party tools can. Due to API restrictions, it's difficult for any tool to have the capability to currently schedule to Threads directly. But don’t worry - Sendible has the best next solution: Thread reminders.
What are Instagram Thread reminders?
An Instagram Threads reminder is a notification, typically received on your phone or through email, that serves as a scheduled reminder to manually publish a post on Instagram Threads. This reminder ensures that you don't forget to post your content at the designated time, helping you maintain a consistent and organised content schedule on Threads.
How to set up Instagram Thread Reminders on Sendible
Step 1: Access the Sendible Dashboard
- Log in to your Sendible account and navigate to the dashboard.
Step 2: Connect your reminder Instagram social channel(s)
- Go to Profiles > Add Profiles > Instagram to add an Instagram Reminder profile.
Step 3: Follow the on-screen instructions
In the next series of screens, the dashboard will walk you through what you need to set up your Instagram Reminder Profile, like this:
Step 4: Setting up notifications
- You will be prompted to add an Instagram Reminder name for internal purposes.
- As default, push notifications will be sent to you on your phone through the Sendible Engage app, like a text update. If you do not want to use the Sendible mobile app to receive push notifications, you have the option for them to be sent to you by email.
Step 5: Creating the thread content
- Create your thread content, choose the date and time you'd like it posted by receiving a reminder, and save it.
Step 6: Notification received
- On your selected date and time, you’ll receive a notification reminding you to post your Threads content.
- You will then need to manually copy the text, image(s) or video for use on Instagram Threads, whether you publish through the Threads website or the mobile Instagram Threads app.
Step 7: Sit Back and Relax
Congratulations! You've successfully posted your Threads content using Instagram reminders. Now just chill and watch your Threads post grow, and those engagements roll in.
Benefits of using Instagram Reminder profiles
Content reminders are vital in maintaining a consistent and engaging presence on a new social media platform like Threads. Let’s remind you of the benefits:
Be consistent: Consistency is key to building and retaining an audience on social media. Content reminders ensure that you stick to a regular posting schedule, helping your followers know when to expect new content from you.
Stay trendy: Social media platforms are ever-changing, so timing matters. Missing the right moment to post can result in decreased visibility and engagement. Content reminders prevent you from missing these opportunities by prompting you to post at the optimal times, such as during peak hours when Threads users are most active.
Spark engagement: Posting content regularly keeps your audience engaged and involved. It keeps your brand's Threads profile in the forefront of their minds, increasing their likelihood of liking, commenting, and sharing your posts. This, in turn, can lead to more visibility and growth on the platform.
Smash content planning: Content reminders often encourage users to plan their content in advance and all in one place, especially if you have multiple Instagram accounts. This means you can curate and create content more thoughtfully, aligning it with your marketing goals and audience.
Other Instagram features to dig into with Sendible
Wrapping it up
There you have it! Incorporating Instagram Threads reminders into your content strategy through Sendible is a game-changer for maintaining a highly engaged and consistent presence on the thriving platform that is Instagram Threads.
With Sendible's user-friendly interface and easy-to-use features, you can efficiently plan your Threads content, with the added benefit of timely reminders. These reminders ensure you never miss an opportunity to connect with your audience again.
By combining the power of Sendible's capabilities with Instagram Threads reminders, you can streamline your social media management, elevate your brand's image, and foster deeper connections with your audience, ultimately driving growth and engagement on the Threads platform.
So what are you waiting for, start for 14-day free Sendible trial today!