There maybe some confusion over the two but just try keep in mind the differences between Facebook profiles and Facebook Fan pages. With the help from the Google + support forum I’ve highlighted some of their main differences:
- - With Pages you can’t add people to your circles until the page is added first or is mentioned by a user.
- - Pages can also be made for a variety of different entities each as; a Local Business or Place, a Product or Brand, Company, Institution or Organization, Arts, Entertainment or Sports whereas profiles can only be made for people.
- - Pages can have multiple administrators this helps you manage the page as a team collaboratively.
- - Pages have the +1 button, this is how users show their endorsement of a page.
- - Pages can’t +1 other page, nor can they +1 stuff on the wider web. (But like profiles, they can +1 inside Google+.) So you may wish to endorse some content related to your business or industry.
- - The default privacy setting for elements on your page profile is public.
- - Pages can’t play games- So you have no worries about your Social Media Manager getting distracted.
- - Pages don’t have the option to share to ‘Extended circles’ this includes people in your circles' circles.
- - Pages can’t hangout (a smart video conference feature) on a mobile device.
- -Local pages have special fields that help people find the business’ physical location. Learn more about local pages.
And don't forget to Follow us on Google +