It seems very strange how much the world has changed in 30 days. Last month I was discussing St Valentines and the origins of Valentine's day. 30 days later and the UK, South Africa, USA (or parts of) and numerous countries around the world are on lock down, and we've been advised to stay at home, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.This change in how to live and work has certainly been a shakeup, and at times may seem scary as to what the future holds. I wanted to discuss how different 30 days can make and also what you can do with this time to make it productive. However, I then came across the following info-graphic, which show the number of months in dots for an average life of 0 years to 90 years.
Perception changes dramatically when you see small and insignificant squares aligned next to one another, but that understanding is exactly where I want you to be.
If you consider the whole span of these dots as one month per dot, staying inside and keeping safe for one dot or even up to six dots, doesn't in the whole scheme of things make a big difference.
The better way to think of this time would be to think of the present as a present (gift). Yes, It's an unprecedented scary time, that most people have never experienced before; however, we will get through this.
During this time, we have a chance to take a "time out" of our normal routine and reflect on what's truly important, whether that is within work or on a personal level.
The team at Sendible have in a very stoic British fashion been "keeping calm and carrying on". We have made the following changes and updates during March:
- We resolved a frustrating issue where blog posts for WordPress would lose any formatting when being sent. ✍
- You are now able to export a list of all users from your account again. 📅
- When adding Google My Business service all location groups now show, this was being a little pesky.
- There was an irritating issue where the Compose Box would close if clicking outside of the first comment section, this has now been fixed.🙌
- Updated and resolved a quirk where Facebook Ads services displayed the name of the Admin instead of the Ad Account. 🎉
- Updated our Facebook/Instagram API.
- Removed the option for Instagram Streams to be a separate service this is now part of the Instagram Business service. 📷
The Sendible team including Sales, Success, Marketing, Support, Product & Development are all working together to provide you with new resources during these interesting times, some of these new resources will directly relate to Social Media but others will focus on home working and learning new skills. As soon as there is more information on this we will let you know.
We wish you all the very best during these difficult times hope you keep safe, calm, and where possible have an optimistic outlook as this will be over at some point.