As Paul Young once sang "Love is in the air, everywhere I look around", and the celebration on the 14th February helps those that want to celebrate it with their loved ones (or intended loved ones).
Interestingly enough, the first Valentines day was in 496; Emperor Claudius II had banned marriage because he thought married men were bad soldiers.
Saint Valentine felt this was unfair, so he broke the rules and arranged marriages in secret. When Claudius found out, Valentine was thrown in jail and sentenced to death.
There, he fell in love with the jailer's daughter, and when he was taken to be killed on 14 February he sent her a love letter signed "from your Valentine".
Having a particular Valentine's Day is an ancient tradition, thought to have originated from a Roman festival. The Romans had a festival called Lupercalia in the middle of February - officially the start of their springtime.
It's thought that as part of the celebrations, boys drew names of girls from a box. They'd be boyfriend and girlfriend during the festival, and sometimes they'd get married.
Later on, the church wanted to turn this festival into a Christian celebration and decided to use it to remember St Valentine too. Gradually, St Valentine's name started to be used by people to express their feelings to those they loved.
The reason why I'm mentioning this information about the history and celebration of Valentines are two-fold.
Firstly history is brilliant, and it's only from knowing history can you ensure you don't repeat the same mistakes in the future. 🎓😎
Secondly, the development team at Sendible have been jam-packed this month, giving the platform some extra love. Spring cleaning the platform of some irritating little gremlins and preparing the platform for some future releases. I can't tell you what these are (yet...spoilers), but we'll be sure to let you know when they are released on the platform.
One thing I can let you know about is the release of our new iPhone app. We're incredibly excited about this release, for a while now, we've known we've needed a better experience between our web app and our mobile app.📱
We have now launched a new app called "Sendible Publisher" this is the first iteration of an updated app which brings the experience on your mobile device closer to your experience on your computer.
"Sendible Publisher" is available to download in the Apple Store so please download (after reading the below updates).
- We resolved a frustrating issue where if you scheduled a post on repeat with a video attachment the video would be lost on follow up posts. 📽
- We were made aware of a workflow issue that prevented you from sharing a queue with your contributors. 😍
- We updated the Facebook Ads API where users were unable to select a Facebook Ad account when trying to add the service. 😁
- There was a confusing issue where services belonging to another user was showing in the Compose Box dropdown.🙌
- The Sendible Bookmarklet was playing up and not showing the send button; thankfully, this is no longer happening. 🔖
- Those gremlins that like to sneak into our system were at it again, when trying to assign tasks from a Keyword Monitor the task wasn't showing, the team found those gremlins and irradicated them. 👻
- We resolved a pesky issue where Reports, when scheduled to send, were not going out. 👏
- We found a solution to the way files with strange characters in the file name were being handled. 🖼
On Wednesday the 26th February, we encountered an issue where specific images were not being attached when trying to compose a post. We later found out that this issue also affected posts when they were in drafts, scheduled or edited in the Calendar.
Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, thankfully our team of developers have now found a resolution to this issue, and composing/editing posts should now be working as intended.
That's all the updates we have for you at present and hope you have a great March.