It is now easier than ever to stay in touch with your customers using Sendible's autoresponders. You can build and pre-schedule a series of automated messages, birthday greetings or event alerts that are triggered as soon as a new customer adds themselves to your address book. See Wikipedia for more information about autoresponders.
Sendible's autoresponders allow you to configure and send automatic messages via Email, Facebook, LinkedIn and SMS that are triggered by a date or an event.
In this post, we'll take you through the steps required to setup an email autoresponder.
- If you haven't already done so, you should use Sendible's capture widget on your website to start capturing new email and sms contacts. You can set this up under the Capture section in My Contacts.
- New users will be added to a group you define.
- Now, using Sendible's email autoresponder, you can trigger automatic emails to users in this group. Here's how...
- From Add/Edit Services, select Email Autoresponder under the Autoresponder category. Click Add.
- Fill in the details on the Email Autorseponder settings screen, and be sure to select the group that you set up to store new contacts on the Capture widget in Step 1.
- You can define how soon after or before an event your email should be sent, using the Sends settings.
- Enter a subject and a message that will be sent to the contact that triggers the event in your group. You can use our merge tags to ensure that appropriate values are replaced at the time the message is sent. You can also use an email template to give your emails a professional look.
- Click Save Settings so that your changes take effect.
Sendible will now monitor the group you chose for contacts who match the criteria of the event you specified. i.e. users with a matching birthday or users who added themselves to your address book.
You can check which emails Sendible has sent out from within the Sent tab in Message Box.